Sunday, September 6, 2009

Unicorns Why yes they are real..

Experience One:

Now I know this is probably crazy, but I can be a crazy person at times so this is nothing new. You see I believe in unicorns let's just leave it at that.

I'm not going to start with the uni mafia because that's a whole other story together, which Miya can tell you herself. What I'm going to tell you about is the unicorn I found at the end of the Burley Lagoon Rainbow.

It was perfect weather for making a rainbow. The sun was out. The rain was pouring. And there it was that perfect rainbow with its provocative red, orangey orange, and all of the other colors even the slight sliver of violet. So I decided to follow it to see what was at the end of the rainbow. I'd heard there was a pot of gold at the end, but no one knows if that's really true. For rainbows don't really last long enough to find the true end.

So! I began my journey to the end of the rainbow. I found I had to walk through many fields, across many roads, wade through countless rivers, but that stupid rainbow was always the same distance off.

Scratching my head I wondered how this could be I'd been walking for hours only to realize the rainbow was not any closer. However, to my amazing luck I turned three rights to make a left and ended up in some shady grove, an entrance to a lagoon. A shaft of sunlight, and a slight glimmer on the distant shore told me I had found the end of the rainbow at long last!

Without wasting any time I decided to wade through the mucky lagoon water (hoping there were no grassmen or lagoon monsters around) to reach the other side as soon as possible.

Wading, wading, wading, a stub of the toe here, and a dead fish there, and I made it to the other side. Ya HOO!

What a sight to behold there it was a golden pot with some weird shiny light coming off of it! I thought I struck it rich, but I was sorely wrong. The treasures in that pot of gold were in fact not treasures that would make me rich (in the material, money sort of way) But! In the fertilizer sort of way because the treasure at the end of the Burley Lagoon Rainbow was indeed a pot of unicorn turds. Oh yes, indeed. As I made for the pot of gold (of course I wasn't going home empty handed) I saw a flash and a shimmer behind a tree, and there it was! A unicorn. Who turned its piercing gaze on me.

In a fright I went into flight clutching my pot of unicorn turds, and I never stopped once until I made it home.

So there it was a pot of turds. My father used it as fertilizer for our garden and the plants that grew from that garden were of course shiny and ginormous, but it only lasted for one season. I tried to find my way back to the lagoon to retrieve some more, but I never found or saw it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment